We work with Secondary schools in a number of ways to:
- Support a school culture which fosters and promotes creativity and supports teachers through professional development opportunities.
- Provide young people with opportunities to see shows and work with professional artists/creatives both in school and at Birmingham Hippodrome.
- Work on projects connected to the programme at Birmingham Hippodrome and other schools across the city – where young people can be involved in launch days with cast members and perform on our stages and at our festivals.
- Provide opportunities to connect creatively to key festivals and cultural celebrations such as Lunar New Year and Diwali.
- Give young people an insight into careers on and offstage, developing leadership skills, and supporting young people to see theatre as a viable option for them.
- Support young people to be ambassadors for the arts in their schools.
- Empower young people to become Birmingham Hippodrome Young Advocates, feeding into decision making at all levels of the organisation.
- Be involved in the HEN Work Experience Programme.
- Offer bursary places for young people to attend our programmes outside of school.
- Provide schools and teachers with opportunities to connect with other schools and educators across the city/ region.
We offer a range of different packages for schools. Click the link below to find out more.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please get in touch at the link below.