We work with Primary schools in a number of ways to:
- Bring the curriculum to life.
- Support a school culture which fosters and promotes creativity and supports teachers through professional development opportunities.
- Provides young people with opportunities to see shows and work with professional artists/creatives both in school and at Birmingham Hippodrome.
- Work on projects connected to the programme at Birmingham Hippodrome and other schools across the city – where young people can be involved in launch days with cast members and perform on our stages and at our festivals.
- Opportunities to connect creatively to key festivals and cultural celebrations such as Lunar New Year and Diwali, as well as key moments in the school calendar such as World Book Day.
- Give young people an insight into careers on and offstage, developing leadership skills, and supporting young people to see theatre as a viable option for them.
- Support young people to be ambassadors for the arts in their schools.
- Provides schools and teachers with opportunities to connect with other schools and educators across the city/ region.
- Bursary places for young people to attend our programmes outside of school.
We are committed to making our work as accessible as possible so we work hard to make sure that we have an offer as part of the programme that enables shows to happen in your school environment, removing the need for travel.
We offer a range of different packages for schools. Click the link below to find out more.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please get in touch at the link below.