Birmingham Hippodrome recognises that what we do today affects the environment for both current and future generations.
We want to play our part in protecting the local and global environment, and to continuously improve our environmental performance. We aim to ensure that the theatre’s operation is undertaken in such a manner as to have minimum risk on the environment.
We are committed to continuously improving our environmental performance and to ensure that the theatre’s operation is undertaken in such a manner as to have minimum risk on the environment.
Some of Our Actions
- Training – When staff first start with us, the Environment is included as part of their Company Induction, setting them off on the right foot from the moment they being working with us.
- Energy Saving – We have installed sensor controlled taps & lighting across much of our building, plus low energy lighting and hand driers.
- Waste Management – We recycle as much of our waste as possible ranging from paper to plastics to glass to cardboard. General waste is compacted, therefore limiting the need for removal to just once every two weeks, reducing our carbon footprint. Rather than going to landfill, waste that cannot be recycled is sent to Tysely Incinerator, and turned into electricity.
- E-Tickets – Customers are issued with e-tickets where possible that can be shown on their phones to reduce the need for printing them.
- Reusable Bottles and Mugs – When new staff & volunteers join us, they are issued with a Hippodrome Reusable Bottle or Mug, that looks rather nice! They help to reduce the number of disposable products used in throughout the building.
- Public Transport – Staff are encouraged to use public transport through subsidised travel passes, and a cycle to work scheme.