Birmingham Hippodrome Terms and Conditions
We want to ensure that everyone’s welcome when visiting the theatre or having any sort of Hippodrome experience. So we have a few rules you need to know. By purchasing a ticket or registering with us, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and confirming that you are aged 16+.
Tickets are sold by Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre Trust Ltd, (Registered Charity Number 510842) of Hurst Street, Southside, Birmingham, B5 4TB, on behalf of producers, promoters and event organisers.
For our most up-to-date ticket prices visit birminghamhippodrome.com or call us on 0844 338 5000† (calls cost 4.5p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge).
A note on ticket prices, discounts and charges
- All ticket prices are subject to change at any time.
- In response to demand, we may adapt prices, seating areas, discounts, and availability of concessions/discounts at our discretion.
- Tickets for selected events may include a building improvement levy retained by Birmingham Hippodrome.
- In keeping with many venues and ticketing services, and with recent advice from Trading Standards, all our published ticket prices will include any share/transaction charges the Hippodrome agrees with touring producers.
- We will always endeavour to keep discounts as generous as possible, so that no bookers are at a disadvantage. Discounts vary, cannot be combined nor applied retrospectively, and may be restricted or limited. Birmingham Hippodrome reserves the right to ask for proof of concession eligibility on arrival at the venue.
- Our range of discounts include but are not limited to: 18 and under, 65+, full-time students, selected Hippodrome memberships, benefits claimants, groups of 8+ or 10+ upwards, school and youth groups, those with access or disability needs, plus occasional early booking discounts or special offers.
- Charges vary with other agents selling on our behalf. We regularly use Ticketmaster and other well-known agents. You are advised to check their charges before booking.
- Our tickets are issued digitally and will be sent via email and accessible by logging into your Hippodrome account prior to your performance. Tickets which have been specifically requested for collection, will be available via the Information & Sales Counter, no sooner than one hour prior to the performance time. If you require tickets to be sent in advance, a postage charge from £2.00 will be added to your booking. Tickets can be posted up to eight days in advance of your performance and can be expected to arrive no sooner than two weeks before the performance.
- You will be asked to present your hard copy tickets or e-tickets on entry to the venue.
- We have several 0844 telephone numbers. Calls cost 4.5p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
Our access discounts and wheelchair spaces are not currently available to book online. To provide a personal service and ensure that discounts/arrangements are not abused and reach those that need them, we invite you to make use of our Access phone number on 0121 689 1060.
Resale of tickets
To protect everyone from ticket touts and secondary ticketing, we do not allow the resale, or listing for sale, of our tickets for profit or private, commercial gain. Tickets are sold for use by the buyer and their party. Tickets found to be sold or listed for sale which are in breach of this condition will be cancelled without refund. Anyone presenting these tickets for admission into the event will also be refused entry without refund. For your own peace of mind, please only buy from official outlets – either directly from us or from one of our approved agents.
We accept most major credit and debit cards, apart from American Express (as of March 2021) and welcome BACS payments for Group bookings. After payment, we will dispatch your tickets to your registered email address no sooner than two weeks prior to the event and no later than 24 hours in advance of the event. Tickets purchased after this time will be dispatched immediately. We do offer Direct Debit payment for some subscription package purchases.
We do not accept SOLT Theatre Tokens, but you can buy and redeem our own Birmingham Hippodrome Gift Vouchers online, over the phone or in the theatre for full or part payment towards future bookings.
Refunds and exchanges
Tickets cannot be cancelled by the booker and are non–refundable. We may only accept tickets for resale 48 hours before a performance when all other tickets have been sold. The selling patron will be charged £2 per ticket plus transaction charge. The buying patron will pay full price plus transaction charge. Successfully resold tickets can be refunded back to the original payment method the following working/business day. Any unsold tickets are not refundable
Exchanges (excluding Group Bookings of 10+ tickets) may be available up to one week prior to a performance, subject to a fee.
Our post-purchase phone number is 0121 689 1070. Please only use this for queries or exchanges and not new bookings. Exchanges cannot be arranged via email or webchat.
Covid-19 and your tickets
Should you be unable to attend your performance for COVID-19 related reason, your tickets may be exchanged to an alternative performance of the same production up to 24 hours before the event. The original price paid will still be honoured wherever tickets are exchanged like for like. Exchanges to more expensive performances or seats will require additional payment. Original discounts will be honoured wherever possible. If an exchange is not possible due to a lack of alternative dates or limited availability, an exchange to another production or a Gift Voucher can be provided upon request.
Please contact Birmingham Hippodrome to discuss your booking if your circumstances change within 24 hours of the performance.
International bookers from outside of the UK are entitled to a refund back to the original payment method up to 24 hours before the event.
In exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to offer alternative seats to those specified on your order confirmation. In such cases we will endeavour to offer tickets at equal or greater value to the original seats. However, if this is not possible and your new seats are of a lesser value, we will refund the difference.
Customer service: security, comfort and safety for everyone
To ensure everyone can enjoy a memorable visit to the theatre in comfort, we reserve the right to refuse admission. Latecomers will only be admitted during a suitable break in the performance which may be the interval.
All payments throughout the building are now contactless and completely cashless.
For the safety of our teams and audiences, we require all theatre-goers aged 11+ to wear face coverings throughout their visit, unless medically exempt or whilst consuming food and drink at their seat. Please note that this is a condition of entry for attending and we apologise in advance as customers may be stopped and asked by our staff if they are not wearing a face covering.
Lanyards demonstrating medical exemption are available for those unable to wear a mask for medical reasons should they wish to avoid being questioned by members of our team or the public. There are available from the Access Assistance point on arrival, which is located next to the bag check area in our foyer.
Sometimes with live performance, unavoidable changes to the advertised programme and casting may occur, and we reserve the right to make absolutely necessary changes without notice.
Please note that for your security, on occasions we may carry out bag searches on arrival at the venue. Please only bring small bags that can fit under your seat as our cloakroom is currently unavailable. Larger bags/suitcases over 40 x 25 x 25cm will not be permitted for safety reasons.
Please leave your mobile phones and cameras in your bag during the performance. Any kinds of audio or video recording and photography are not allowed, can be hugely distracting to live performers, and inconsiderate to other patrons. Please don’t do it.
Only food and drink purchased at Birmingham Hippodrome may be taken into the auditorium. Plastic glasses are provided at the bars. Any alcohol purchased outside of the venue will be removed and returned to you at the end of the performance.
We are of course a No Smoking building. All smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted in the building. If you pop out for a smoke during the interval, please be considerate to other patrons and passers-by, and use the bins provided.
Wherever possible we will indicate in advance the use of strobe lighting, loud noises or special effects. If you have any concerns, please ask one of the team.
Signs will indicate if authorised photography or filming is taking place during your visit in the foyers or auditorium. If you don’t wish to be featured, please inform a Duty Manager.
Customer complaints should be made as soon as possible to the Duty Manager when you are with us; or later in writing to our address above, or via our website.
Age guidance: We want our productions to be enjoyed by everyone. As much as we love young children, they can get bored, or easily upset by special effects and loud music, and nobody wants that. Many of our shows carry their own individual age guidance, but generally, unless otherwise stated, we do not admit children under the age of three. There is often more flexibility for family shows especially in our Patrick Studio. If in doubt, just call us and check. Everyone admitted to the theatre for any performance needs to be in possession of a ticket, and under-16s must be accompanied by an adult at all times so we know they are safe.
Here at Birmingham Hippodrome we work hard to ensure everyone feels welcome. Like many public buildings, we are offering ALL GENDER TOILETS which can be used by anybody. Please note, these toilets only offer cubicles. Designated Male toilets, Female toilets and Accessible toilets are still available on other levels. If you have any queries, please speak to any member of our visitor services team or ask for a Duty Manager.
We look forward to welcoming you to Birmingham Hippodrome!