Birmingham Hippodrome Terms and Conditions
We want to ensure that everyone’s welcome when visiting the theatre or having any sort of Hippodrome experience. So we have a few rules you need to know. By purchasing a ticket or registering with us, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and confirming that you are aged 16+.
Tickets are sold by Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre Trust Ltd, (Registered Charity Number 510842) of Hurst Street, Southside, Birmingham, B5 4TB, on behalf of producers, promoters and event organisers.
For our most up-to-date ticket prices visit birminghamhippodrome.com or call us on 0844 338 5000†.
A note on ticket prices, discounts and charges
- All ticket prices are subject to change at any time.
- In response to demand we may adapt prices, seating areas and discounting, and availability of concessions or discounts may be limited at our discretion.
- Tickets for selected events may include a building improvement levy retained by Birmingham Hippodrome.
- We are an unsubsidised charity and for some time have made an external transaction charge on tickets for selected performances. It has been possible for eligible bookers (e.g. group organisers, Friends, Corporate Partners etc) to pay a reduced transaction charge or have it waived as a benefit. In keeping with many venues and ticketing services, and with recent advice from Trading Standards, we are moving towards a new system whereby the published ticket price will include any share the Hippodrome agrees with touring producers. This is made clear wherever we publish prices.
- We will always endeavour to keep discounts as generous as possible so that no bookers are at a disadvantage. Discounts vary, cannot be combined nor applied retrospectively, and may be restricted or limited. They are generally available on presentation of valid ID, and our range includes: 18 and under or 65+, full-time students, selected Hippodrome memberships, benefits claimants, groups of 8+ or 10+ upwards, school and youth groups, those with access or disability needs, plus occasional early booking discounts or special offers.
- There will be an overlap period for a few months in 2019/20 where tickets for some productions have an external charge and others have all charges included in the published price.
- Charges vary with other agents selling on our behalf. We regularly use Ticketmaster and other well-known agents. You are advised to check their charges when booking.
- We add a postage charge of £1.50 for purchases eight days or more before a performance. No charge for e-tickets.
- We have several 0844 telephone numbers. Calls cost 4.5p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
If you have any access needs, for example booking a concession rate access ticket for yourself or for anyone in your party, you can make use of our Access phone number on 0121 689 1060.
Resale of tickets
To protect everyone from ticket touts, we don’t allow the resale of our tickets for private commercial gain. Tickets are sold for use by the buyer and his or her party. We can cancel tickets if there’s any breach of this condition, and refuse entry without refund. For your own peace of mind, please only buy from official outlets – which is directly from us or from one of our approved agents.
We accept most major credit and debit cards as well as cheques payable to ‘Birmingham Hippodrome’. After payment, we’ll post tickets to your registered address or via your email confirmation. We will hold tickets for 10 days during cheque clearance. We do offer Direct Debit payment for some subscription package purchases.
We don’t accept SOLT Theatre Tokens, but you can buy and redeem our own Birmingham Hippodrome Gift Vouchers online or in the theatre for full or part payment towards tickets or restaurant bookings.
Refunds and exchanges
Tickets cannot be cancelled by the booker and are non–refundable. We may only accept tickets for resale 48 hours before a performance when all other tickets have been sold. The selling patron will be charged £2 per ticket plus transaction charge. The buying patron will pay full price plus transaction charge.
Exchanges (excluding Group Bookings of 10+ tickets) may be available up to one week prior to a performance, subject to a fee.
Our post-purchase phone number is 0121 689 1070. Please only use this for queries or exchanges and not new bookings.
Customer service: security, comfort and safety for everyone
To ensure everyone can enjoy a memorable visit to the theatre in comfort, we reserve the right to refuse admission. Latecomers will only be admitted during a suitable break in the performance which may be the interval.
Sometimes with live performance, unavoidable changes to the advertised programme and casting may occur, and we reserve the right to make absolutely necessary changes without notice.
Please note that for your security, on occasions we may carry out bag searches on arrival at the theatre.
Please leave your mobile phones and cameras either in your bag or in our cloakroom. Any kinds of audio or video recording and photography are not allowed, can be hugely distracting to live performers, and inconsiderate to other patrons. Please don’t do it.
Only food and drink purchased at Birmingham Hippodrome may be taken into the auditorium. Plastic glasses are provided at the bars. Any alcohol purchased outside of the venue will be removed and returned to you at the end of the performance.
We are of course a No Smoking building. All smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted in the building. If you pop out for a smoke during the interval, please be considerate to other patrons and passers-by, and use the bins provided.
Wherever possible we will indicate in advance the use of strobe lighting or special effects. If you have any concerns, please ask one of the team.
Signs will indicate if authorised photography or filming is taking place during your visit in the foyers or auditorium. If you don’t wish to be featured, please inform a Duty Manager.
Customer complaints should be made as soon as possible to the Duty Manager when you are with us; or later in writing to our address above, or via our website.
We want our productions to be enjoyed by everyone. As much as we love young children, they can get bored, or easily upset by special effects and loud music, and nobody wants that. Many of our shows carry their own individual age guidance, but generally, unless otherwise stated, we do not admit children under the age of three. There is often more flexibility for family shows especially in our Patrick Studio. If in doubt, just call us and check. Everyone admitted to the theatre for any performance needs to be in possession of a ticket, and under-16s must be accompanied by an adult at all times so we know they are safe.
Here at Birmingham Hippodrome we work hard to ensure everyone feels welcome. Like many public buildings, we are offering these ALL GENDER TOILETS which can be used by anybody. Please note, these toilets only offer cubicles. Designated Male toilets, Female toilets and Accessible toilets are still available on other levels. If you have any queries, please speak to any member of our visitor services team or ask for a Duty Manager.
We look forward to welcoming you to Birmingham Hippodrome!