Together with The Lowry, Salford and Sadler’s Wells in London we are looking for dance lovers to become our Social Movers – a dedicated team committed to supporting great dance, and keen to share their love of dance with a wider audience online.
- Free tickets to selected shows in our Dance Season for the next 12 months.
- Behind-the-scenes access to some of our most important events of the year.
- The chance to meet some of the performers and choreographers who work on our productions.
WE NEED YOU!
As one of our Social Movers you will be invited to come and see live dance events in your region completely free, get to go behind-the-scenes, meet the professionals involved and share your experiences on Social Media via our dedicated channels.
In addition, if you run or are part of a local dance group or class, we want to hear from you too.
We will be giving local organisations the chance to have their homegrown talent featured on our social media channels by being directly involved our monthly events, competitions, and even get the opportunity to see some of our productions. Whether you’re part of a ballet group, a seniors’ movement class, a belly, ballet or break dancer or a Zumba class regular, we want to hear from YOU.
The Movement is looking for nine special people from the North West, West Midlands and London areas who would be interested in becoming one of our exclusive Social Movers.
HOW TO APPLY
We’re looking for passionate, enthusiastic people who love dance and who are social media savvy, so if you fall under one of the categories below we want to hear from you:
- The Enthusiast – Are you a seasoned fan of the world of dance who has to see everything and knows almost everything there is to know about dance?
- The Student – Are you attending a local training academy or dance school and looking to making dance a career?
- The Newcomer – Are you an individual who is entirely new to the world of dance but has a keen interest in learning more, perhaps an amateur dancer in their spare time who enjoys classes during the week?
- Regional Dance Organisation – Are you a member of or run a regional dance school, group or class? We are also looking groups who are up for showcasing their collective talents online each month.
Applicants need to submit a one-minute video of yourself telling us who you are, what you do, and why you think you should be a Social Mover.
Here are a few things we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- Active profiles on social media in particular Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- The ability to create fun and engaging social content
- Being tech savvy & creative are a must.
- You’re a proactive and reliable person.
- Access to your own laptop, camera and smart phone.
- Ability to create at least one piece of content per month and/or attend an event, as well as live in or easily travel to Manchester, Birmingham or London.
- If you are applying on behalf of a regional dance organisation you must also be based in or near Birmingham and include a short video of choreography featuring your members and us with any supporting material e.g. website, social media or supporting video links.
We welcome applications from people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates to be shortlisted after the 29 September 2017 by The Lowry, Salford, Birmingham Hippodrome and the Sadlers Wells.