We’re looking for young people aged 14-22 to join our new Birmingham Hippodrome Young Advocates programme.
What is the Young Advocates programme?
- An opportunity for a group of creative young people to come together to shape the future young people’s programme at Birmingham Hippodrome. It will provide you with a platform to have your voice heard and opinions valued, and for that to drive change for Birmingham Hippodrome and the young people of Birmingham and the West Midlands.
- An opportunity to work collaboratively with other young people, to create a digital response that will be shared as part of TedXYouth@Brum, which will have a reach of approx. 10,000 (in person and digitally).
- With key milestones mapped for the programme, the content with be curated by you as a group of Young Advocates.
What’s in it for me?
- You will become a Young Advocate who will represent Birmingham Hippodrome both locally within the region and nationally.
- You will have opportunities to meet Hippodrome Associate Companies, Artists and Staff, including our Artistic Director and Programming team.
- You will have opportunities to see shows, attend exclusive events and be part of conversations about the future.
- Birmingham Hippodrome will invest in you and your future, including training, mentoring, exposure and access to the arts industry.
- A chance to shape and share your vision with Birmingham Hippodrome Senior Management Team, Staff and Trustees.
Who is it for?
- Any young person aged 14-22 based in Birmingham and the West Midlands.
- Young people who are interested in the arts and who have something to say.
- Want to be part of planning and shaping the future and making change happen.
- Young people who have the time and are able to commit to investing fully in the programme – you only get out what you put in!
- The programme is completely free to join and runs until 31 March 2021.
Applications for the Young Advocates programme are now closed – keep an eye out for the next opportunity to apply later in the year.
For those who have applied, the Learning & Participation team will be in touch about the outcome of your application in the coming weeks.
We’ll be announcing the final group soon.