Step into Christmas…Give the Gift of Dance and help raise £15,000
Did you know dance is the second most popular activity of children and young people? Yet young people in the West Midlands are among the least active in the UK.
We want to increase youth engagement in dance, helping to develop skills, improve fitness levels and give a better quality of life to young local people.
Currently, we reach hundreds of people through our youth dance programme. In 2018, we want to make that thousands.
We need your support to make this vision a reality. You donation will enable young dancers to take their first steps into dance, and help gifted and talented dancers step into their future dancing career.
One young dancer who has benefited from working with us is Arnold ,17, from Smethwick…
“I have always been honoured and proud to say that I had a chance to perform on the Hippodrome stages as part of this production as well as other events such as B-Side Festival and the Billy Elliot Gala Dinner. It really made me more confident as a performer and these opportunities have definitely fuelled me even more to achieve my dream of becoming a performer.”
Your support will make a huge difference to young dancers next year, assisting them in attending rehearsals, feeling part of a community of dancers, provide the chance to experience world-class dance performances and help them step onto our stages for the first time.
What could your donation do?
- £10 costumes a young dancer
- £25 supports transport costs to attend rehearsals
- £50 provides a dance tutor for a workshop
- £100 provides a choreographer for half a day to inspire young dancers
We work with young people from across Birmingham and the West Midlands, aged 9-25. We reach young people from disadvantaged communities who have never danced before, through to gifted and talented young people, fuelling their future dance careers.
We hope you will be as generous as you can this festive season, and give the gift of dance!
You can donate online, on the phone from 28 Nov – 9 Dec:
- Donate online today!
- To donate by phone call 0121 689 3068.
- To donate by post, send a cheque made out to “Birmingham Hippodrome” to Christmas Challenge, Birmingham Hippodrome, Hurst Street, Birmingham, B5 4TB.
GIFT AID IT!
- Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate by making a Gift Aid declaration at the point of your donation.