Discover the world behind the curtain and learn about the amazing story of the Hippodrome.
Our knowledgeable Heritage Guides and Visitor Services Assistants will share captivating stories from the theatre’s past as you peek behind the scenes and explore the public and private areas of this fascinating building. You will also get to meet one of our technicians who will explain just what it takes to get a show onto our stage.
Please note that the tour does not include access to the Hippodrome stage due to the different needs of each production.
Tours take place at 10.30am & 11am on the following dates:
Sat 11 Nov, Sat 9 Dec, Sat 13 Jan, Sat 10 Feb, Sat 10 Mar, Sat 14 Apr, Sat 12 May, Sat 9 Jun
Tour only £8
Tour, hot drink, sandwich + cake £15.50
- Tours last approximately 60 – 90 minutes.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the time of your tour at our main entrance on Hurst St.
- If you choose an option with food and drink, do let us know any dietary requirements.
- If you have any access needs please let us know when you book – these are walking tours with limited opportunities to sit down. Tours are accessible for wheelchair users.
- Tours require a minimum of 8 people. We will offer you an alternative date for your tour if there are not sufficient numbers to go ahead on the date you have selected.
If your group is interested in Hippodrome Heritage talks or tours, please contact email@example.com for further information.