As we prepare to open, we caught up with our Admissions and Ticketing Manager, Ryan Allen-Rose, about all of the changes we have made to help customers organise their tickets.
While we have been closed, we have been working hard behind the scenes to make your ticketing journey easier. The latest See It Safely guidance from UK Theatre recommends using digital tickets, so with this in mind we have made a few updates to the way your bookings are managed by introducing Mobile Tickets.
All your bookings are saved safely in your online account on the newly launched Upcoming Events page and your Mobile Tickets become available on this page – along with useful information for your visit – around two weeks before your chosen show. This new way of ticketing is much more flexible as any changes to your bookings appear straight away, not to mention no more worrying about where your tickets are. Think of this as a one stop shop for all your upcoming trips to the Hippodrome!
When you arrive at the Hippodrome you just have to show your tickets on your phones so we can scan everyone into the theatre quickly and safely. We do recommend you get all your tickets ready to be scanned before reaching the venue to help keep the queue moving.
Here’s how to access your new upcoming events:
1) Visit birminghamhippodrome.com and on the home page, click the Account button in the top right corner
2) Log in with your account details
3) Select the Upcoming Events page
4) You will then see all your upcoming bookings!
5) Your Mobile Tickets will appear in each booking around two weeks prior to the performance (if not before). Your Mobile Tickets will also be emailed to you on your provided email address
6) On the day of your visit, you will need to have the QR codes from your Mobile Ticket ready on your phone to be scanned by our Visitor Services team. To help manage queues, we recommend you share the tickets with each member of your party, as each seat you have booked will have a unique QR code. (You can either share screenshots of each QR code or forward your email). When you arrive, please check your phone is not in dark mode as our scanners will not be able to read the QR code.
7) If you need to make changes to your booking, please call our box office team as usual on 0121 689 1070 and your online account will be updated as soon as your booking has been amended, making it easier than ever to track your upcoming visits.
We can’t wait to see you soon and welcome you back to the Hippodrome.