We cannot wait to welcome you back to Birmingham Hippodrome.
Our Safety Measures
|Flexible ticketing||Face Coverings Required (11+)||E-tickets||Track & Trace||Ventilated Air Systems|
|Contactless Payments||Enhanced Cleaning||Sanitiser stations||Training & PPE for Staff||Modified routes around the building|
Before you arrive at Birmingham Hippodrome
- If you feel unwell or are self-isolating, please do not come to the theatre. You have up to 24 hours prior to a performance in which you may return or exchange your tickets for Covid-related reasons. Our full Ticketing Terms and Conditions can be viewed HERE.
- Tickets will be emailed to you prior to your visit and will also be available to view from your Birmingham Hippodrome online account, approximately 2 weeks prior to your visit.
- If you are unable to access tickets digitally, please contact our ticket sales team on our post-purchase line, 0121 689 1070.
- You will receive a pre-show email detailing the latest guidance and information to help plan your visit.
When you arrive at Birmingham Hippodrome
- Please help us avoid last minute queues by arriving in good time for your performance.
- Please arrive via the main Hurst Street Entrance and follow the signposted routes inside the building. Our Thorp Street entrance is only in use for accessing DanceXchange and our meeting rooms for the time being.
- Please have your e-tickets ready to display on your mobile device with the screen brightness turned up. You may be asked to show them on a few occasions so please keep them to hand.
- Our NHS Track & Trace QR code will be available at our entrance for you to check-in to the building should you wish.
- Bag checks will take place on arrival. Please only bring small bags that can fit under your seat as our cloakroom is currently unavailable to reduce the risk of cross contamination. Larger bags/suitcases over 40 x 25 x 25cm will not be permitted for safety reasons.
- For the safety of our teams and audiences, we require all theatre-goers aged 11+ to wear face coverings throughout their visit, unless medically exempt or whilst consuming food and drink at their seat. Please note that this is a condition of entry for attending and we apologise in advance as customers may be stopped and asked by our staff if they are not wearing a face covering.
- Lanyards demonstrating medical exemption are available for those unable to wear a mask for medical reasons should they wish to avoid being questioned by members of our team or the public. There are available from the Access Assistance point on arrival, which is located next to the bag check area in our foyer.
- All payments throughout the building will be contactless to minimise risk of transmission.
- Due to their size, we will only be allowing one household/party per lift at any one time.
- A limited amount of booster seats are available at each auditorium door and will be sanitised after each use.
- Please allow time to use the toilet facilities due to measures in place.
- At the end of the performance please leave through the nearest available exit in order to avoid bottlenecks.
- Please note that latecomers may have a significant delay in being seated in order to facilitate the safe seating of customers.
- Our staff have undertaken Covid Awareness Training, are undertaking regular Lateral Flow Tests and will continue to wear a face covering when at work.
Cleaning & Ventilation
- We are undertaking enhanced cleaning and sanitising of all our public spaces.
- All our public spaces are mechanically ventilated, both supplying and extracting filtered air.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the building.
More information about our Accessible Facilities can be found HERE. Our friendly team are also on hand to answer any questions on our Access phoneline 0121 689 1060*.
Thank you in advance for showing kindness to all our teams who are working hard to keep our visitors safe under ever changing circumstances.
ENJOY YOUR VISIT!
Last updated: 4 Aug 2021