Following recent Government announcements, Van Gogh Alive will remain closed until further notice.
Bookings have been suspended and all ticket holders will be contacted in the coming days. Please bear with us during this time and thank you for your on-going patience. Stay safe!
We’re delighted to reopen our building for the UK Premiere of Van Gogh Alive, a truly immersive experience for all ages.
This is no ordinary art exhibition. Van Gogh’s works have been exhibited and admired for over a century – but never like this.
Created by Grande Exhibitions, Van Gogh Alive, a digital art experience using stunning projections, classical music and scent gives you the unique opportunity to step on to the Hippodrome’s main stage and truly venture into Van Gogh’s world.
Going above and beyond to make the experience COVID-safe, school visits are welcome and our Learning & Participation team have put together an inspiring educational package around your trip:
Every school that books for Van Gogh Alive will receive:
- Pre-recorded digital introduction – detailing what to expect and look out for at the exhibition, ways of seeing and viewing tips alongside an insight into the creation of the exhibition
- Visit the Van Gogh Alive experience – includes the SENSORY4™ gallery, a life size representation of Van Gogh’s bedroom, the incredible sunflower selfie room as well as a gift shop
- Pre-recorded digital ‘have a go’ tutorial – students can make their own masterpieces back at school inspired by Van Gogh
- Digital exhibition – an opportunity to submit a selection of student works to our online schools exhibition
Additional post-visit experience – Visual Arts Workshop
A Van Gogh inspired workshop with a professional artist at your school
- First 10 schools to book for Van Gogh Alive will receive this workshop for FREE in school, for up to 30 students
- Workshops can be booked through our Information & Sales team when booking the experience package above
- A subsidised cost of £50 per 1 hour workshop (up to 30 students)