Birmingham Hippodrome is committed to forging relationships with schools and colleges in the West Midlands and surrounding areas and developing the next generation of artists and audiences.
We bring creativity into the curriculum, connect learning outcomes to exciting opportunities at the Hippodrome, and provide young people with the chance to experience and connect with theatre.
Our schools network – Hippodrome Education Network (HEN) – is designed to allow schools and colleges to have as much flexibility as possible and to find the model that works best for them.
There is a gold, silver and bronze membership package available for the HEN Network and we can create bespoke packages for Academy Trusts.
- Hippodrome Learning Officers based in the school’s staff on a weekly basis
- Performance opportunities at shows, festivals and events for young people
- Tickets to see shows on both the main stage and in the Patrick Studio
- Bespoke projects linked to shows and festivals, including workshops with show casts and backstage tours
- Professional artists visiting schools to collaborate around key festivals and cultural celebrations, such as Chinese New Year
- Student Ambassador programme for young people in schools/colleges
- Careers days at Birmingham Hippodrome for young people in schools/colleges
- Network meetings for school staff
- CPD for teachers
- Exhibition opportunities for young people