Step into Christmas…Give the Gift of Dance
Help us raise £15,000 this festive season and take part in our 12 Days of Christmas Challenge !
You can donate from Giving Tuesday, 28 Nov until Sat 9 Dec.
Your support will enable young dancers to take their first steps into their future dancing career. From first steps into dance to projects with gifted and talented young people, your donation could support the dance stars of the future.
What youth dance opportunities do we provide?
Our dance opportunities provide a once in a lifetime opportunity to perform on our theatre stages and outdoor festivals, developing dance skills and self-confidence. With your support young people aged 9-25 will work with professional dancers and choreographers in dance projects across the West Midlands.
One young dancer who has benefited from working with us is Arnold ,17, from Smethwick…
“I have always been honoured and proud to say that I had a chance to perform on the Hippodrome stages as part of this production as well as other events such as B-Side Festival and the Billy Elliot Gala Dinner. It really made me more confident as a performer and these opportunities have definitely fuelled me even more to achieve my dream of becoming a performer.”
Your support will make a huge difference to young dancers next year, assisting them in attending rehearsals, feeling part of a community of dancers, see world-class dance performances and enabling their performance opportunities:
- Donate £10 and pay for a young dancer’s project t-shirt
- Donate £15 and buy a show ticket to inspire a young dancer
- Donate £25 to provide a young dancer’s costume
- Donate £50 and support transport costs for young people to attend rehearsals
- Donate £100 and provide a half-day workshop with a professional dance artist
We work with young people from across Birmingham and the West Midlands, aged 9-25. We reach young people from disadvantaged communities who have never danced before, through to gifted and talented young people, fuelling their future dance careers.
We hope you will be as generous as you can this festive season, and give the gift of dance!
You can donate by phone, online or via the post. Our online donation portal will go live on 28 November:
- To donate by phone call 0121 689 3068.
- To donate by post, send a cheque made out to “Birmingham Hippodrome” to Christmas Challenge, Birmingham Hippodrome, Hurst Street, Birmingham, B5 4TB.
GIFT AID IT!
- Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate by making a Gift Aid declaration at the point of your donation.