DanceXchange is an internationally known charity dedicated to dance.
DanceXchange aims to make Birmingham into a thriving centre for dance, attracting and retaining dance artists to and in the city. It is particularly known for:
- co-production of International Dance Festival Birmingham
- presenting small-scale, high quality work in the Patrick Centre
- creating, commissioning and producing work for outdoor and non-traditional spaces.
Alongside this, DanceXchange makes an important contribution to the dance ecology of the Midlands, and nationally, through:
- developing talent with artists at all stages of their careers
- high-quality pre-vocational training through the Centres for Advanced Dance Training
- engagement and participation through the regular class and workshop programme
- engaging Birmingham communities, especially focussing on work in Hodge Hill.
DanceXchange is located within the Birmingham Hippodrome complex with a 209-seat theatre, the Patrick Centre. This was the first dedicated dance space outside London. It remains one of the most important dance and production spaces in the country.